Whether you’re close to retirement or still far from that exciting date, it’s not uncommon to wonder when you should start preparing for each aspect of it.
From figuring out the right time to be debt-free and when to adjust your portfolio risk, to deciding when to plan for your Social Security benefits or healthcare coverage, this episode guides you through the ideal timeline for each.
Tune in to find out how far away from retirement you should have answers to these pressing questions.
In this episode, we’ll discuss:
- Why you should start thinking about the option to downsize about 15 years out.
- When you and your spouse should start picking out retirement dates and whether it’s best to stagger them.
- Why Michael says you should be paying attention to your risk as much as 40 years before retirement.
- Is it realistic to have a firm grip on expenses well in advance?
- If you have any questions about how you can better prepare for your retirement future, don’t hesitate to reach out to Michael Schulte for help.
He’s a Financial Advisor and Certified Business Exit Planner at WestPac Wealth Partners. His daily mission is to help families and business owners make smart financial decisions so they can live on their own terms for the rest of their lives, regardless of what life events and opportunities come their way.
Call Michael at 702-767-4897 with any of your questions or email email@example.com.